The tools needed to install the Medway Toilet Riser are: an adjustable open-end wrench, or socket wrench, a mini hacksaw, a disposable plastic scraper, plastic trash bags, paper towels, latex gloves, bucket, sponge, toilet plunger, and a utility knife or box cutter.
Optional: rag, mineral spirits, and a disposable concrete mixing tub. Mineral spirits are good for cleaning up the wax from the old wax ring when you remove your toilet. The disposable concrete tub is great for setting the toilet in once it has been removed from the floor. Alternately, you may be able to set the toilet on an old towel in your bathtub.
Preparing to install a Medway Toilet Riser
Items Included with your Medway Toilet Riser
- Make sure the water closet flange mounted to your home’s waste pipe is clean and free from debris. Make certain that the toilet flange sticks above the flooring (it is quite common for the flange to set below the flooring.) If your flange is below the floor don’t worry. You may need an Oatey 43400 Set-Rite Toilet Flange Extender Kit. These are commonly available at Lowes and Home Depot and are available on Amazon. Once you are certain your flange is the correct height slide the provided 6″ closet bolts (also known as Johnny Bolts or T-Bolts) into the existing toilet flange that is above the floor.
- Make sure the floor is flat and clean from any debris or caulk.
- Place one wax ring over the existing toilet flange.
- Carefully install the Medway Toilet Riser over the closet bolts.
- Apply pressure to the top of the Medway Toilet Riser to properly seal the wax ring with the existing toilet flange on the floor.
- Place the second wax ring on top of the Medway Toilet Riser flange.
- Reinstall the toilet on top of the Toilet Riser.
- Apply pressure on the bowl to properly seat the toilet.
- Install the washers and hex nut on the closet bolts (Do not over tighten).
- Cut the closet bolts to length (if necessary) using the hacksaw, be careful not to scratch the finish on your toilet.
- Replace the decorative finish covers that were on your toilet before removal to hide the closet bolts.
- Install the water supply line furnished with the kit.
(Optional: use RTV Silicone Caulk around the base of the toilet and the toilet riser to cover any voids and gaps.)
The durability of the Medway Toilet Riser’s finish can be best preserved by cleaning only with a soft cloth and warm soapy water.
100% Lifetime Guarantee
We will replace the Medway Toilet Riser if it ever breaks. And we mean “EVER!” We are so confident in how well engineered our product is we know we will never have to replace it. Our Medway Toilet Risers are so strong we drove a mini-van on top of one! Then we parked it there! You can see the video below.
Thanks for your order of the MedWay Easy Toilet Riser. We have a great referral program for you, so let us know if you refer a friend to us, and they order direct from us, we will send you a check for $5.00. Call us at 800-817-3118 or go to our website at www.Medwaycorp.com